In this episode of "Teachers Talking Teaching," hosts Pete Whiting (@mr_van_w) and Shawtima Rakovski (@shawtimasmiles) discuss the insightful article "Australian classrooms are among the 'least favourable' for discipline in the OECD. Here’s how to improve student behaviour" from The Conversation. Join them as they unpack the key points and share their perspectives on enhancing classroom discipline for better student outcomes.
URL: Link to the article on The Conversation
- Introduction to the episode and hosts Pete Whiting and Shawtima Rakovski.
- Overview of the article highlighting the concerning statistics on discipline in Australian classrooms.
- Discussion on the factors contributing to the current state of student behavior and discipline in Australia.
- Analysis of the strategies proposed in the article for improving student behavior and fostering a positive classroom environment.
- Personal anecdotes and experiences shared by the hosts regarding classroom discipline challenges and successes.
- Insights into the role of teachers, parents, and the education system in creating a supportive and disciplined learning environment.
- Practical tips and recommendations for educators to implement effective behavior management techniques in their classrooms.